Last Revised: August 26, 2019
As used in this Policy, the term "personal information" means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, user name, or e-mail address), or information about that individual that can be linked to information that specifically identifies an individual. Personal information does not include "aggregate" information, which is data we collect about the use of the Services or about a group or category of services or users, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. This Policy does not restrict our collection and use of aggregate information.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account upon downloading our mobile application, participate in any interactive features of the Services, participate in surveys, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services. When you access or use our Services, whether via our web-based application or our mobile application, we automatically collect information about you, including:
· Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including: the type of operating system you use; access times; your activity at participating Partners; geo-location, if you you have given us permission, for purposes of locating participating Partners near you; manner of accessing the Services, whether via the Application portal or through your linked social media accounts.
· Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
· Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies and other tracking methods, please refer to your mobile device privacy settings to learn about these functions. However, if you choose to remove or reject cookies and tracking, this could affect certain features or services made available via the Services. Regardless of what you choose to do, we honor your privacy choices.
Use of Information
We do not sell your information. We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
· Provide, maintain and improve our Service;
· Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
· Respond to your comments, questions and requests;
· Communicate with you about services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by us and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
· Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
· Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
· Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
· Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected after we have given you notice about such purpose.
TipGenie is based in the United States and currently operates only within the United States. The information we collect is governed by U.S. law.
Sharing of Information
· With Partners, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
· With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
· In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
· If you violate our Terms or user policies, to protect the rights, property and safety of TipGenie, its users or others;
· In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Please note that we do not have control over the actions of third-parties to whose services you may be redirected via our website and are not responsible for information you provide directly to any other users or third- parties. We encourage you to become familiar with third-party privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such third-parties.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Security. TipGenie is committed to your privacy and the security of your information. We take measures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access.
Account Information. You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your member account or emailing us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to deactivate your account, you may do so at any time by using the tools in your member account or by contacting us at the email address above, but note that we may retain certain information as required or authorized by law.
Cookies. Most mobile devices provide options in their privacy settings to deactivate third-party tracking. These privacy settings are usually set to accept cookies and other tracking technologies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your privacy settings to remove or reject tracking. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies and other tracking technologies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing service relationship.